- Category: Outsourcing
- Published on 12 November 2016
- Written by Editor
- Hits: 458
NEW YORK, Nov, 2016 -Atento S.A. (NYSE: ATTO) the leading provider of customer relationship management and business process outsourcing services (CRM/BPO) in Latin America, and one of the three top providers worldwide, announced that Frost & Sullivan, the global consulting company specializing in growth strategies, published its annual report, "Analysis of the Latin American Contact Center Outsourcing Services Market" where it identified Atento, once again, as the clear leader in contact center outsourcing services in Latin America.
In addition to leading the market at the regional level, Atento expanded market share and strengthen its leadership position in Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Peru. In Brazil, the largest market in Latin America, which accounts for nearly half of the regional contact center outsourcing services revenues, Atento increased its market share to reach 25.6% of the total market. Widening the gap with other market players and strengthening its leadership position in the region´s most important market.
Alejandro Reynal, Atento´s Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Atento´s sustained leadership position in the Latin American contact center outsourcing services market is a direct result of our Company´s long-lasting client relationships, deep vertical expertise, differentiated customer experience solutions and highly motivated employees. Every day we contribute to this leadership position by developing innovative and high-added value solutions for our clients that generate customer satisfaction and competitive advantage. I would like to thank all of our clients and employees for their ongoing support which has helped us maintain the top position in this regional market and its key geographies over the years."
The "Analysis of the Latin American Contact Center Outsourcing Services Market" annual study by Frost & Sullivan examines the trends in the Latin American contact center outsourcing services market and forecasts the market size. The study provides extensive coverage of services delivered in each local market and those provided from Latin American countries to others overseas. The study shows data for outsourcing services alone, excluding operations performed in-house and in shared services centers. Contact center outsourcing is considered by the report as a subset of the broader business process outsourcing (BPO) industry.
Key takeaways of the Frost & Sullivan report include:
- The contact center outsourcing services market in Latin America attained $10.05 billion in revenue in 2015 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% through 2021
- Brazil and Mexico represent 41.1% and 14.3% respectively of the total Latin American market in terms of revenue. Atento is a clear market leader in both countries with 25.6% and 16.9% of share respectively
- By vertical markets, the Telecom & Media and the Banking & Financial Services (BFS) verticals represent over 70% of the market´s demand in Latin America in 2015
- Traditional customer service accounts for over half of the market´s revenue (54.1%) while back office, tech support, and other BPO services such as logistics, finance and accounting, and consulting are expected to grow the fastest among all services
- Voice channel still represents 87.6% of the revenue in the region by 2015 and it will remain the largest channel for the foreseeable future. Alternative channels, such as chat & web collaboration, social media, email, SMS (Short Message Services), and face-to-face, are expected to account for 15.5% of the market in 2021
- The offshoring business in Latin America grew at a YOY rate of 10.5% in 2015, reaching $2.80 billion revenue, driven by the US market (nearshore revenue generated by serving US consumers from delivery centers located in Latin America) and the Latin American shore services
- From a competitive standpoint, Latin America is the most concentrated market worldwide, with 3 major market participants accounting for 34.6% of the total market revenue. In other regions, such as North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, this figure does not surpass 20%
- Major market participants are looking to become digital transformation partners for their clients, providing increasingly complex services, including logistics, finance and accounting, human resources, software development, document management, consulting and other BPO solutions
About Atento: Atento is the largest provider of customer relationship management and business process outsourcing (CRM BPO) services in Latin America, and among the top three providers globally, based on revenues. Atento is also a leading provider of nearshoring CRM/BPO services to companies that carry out their activities in the United States.